USABILITY TESTING— EYETRACKING—
DO YOU KNOW
- What your users are looking at?
- Which parts of your website are attracting the most attention?
- What information your users are ignoring?
- Which areas are merely distracting your users from finding what they really want?
Eye tracking is the important phase of usability testing, which answers all these questions allowing you to focus on making the most important information on your website also the most visible.
Demo of eye tracking [from http://www.etre.com]
- Dot shows user’s eye moments
- User looks, what attracts, likes, dislikes
Each circles will be displayed with scores, this gives clear picture how long user was there on that particular place on interface. Big circle or highest marks shows users interest in that content.
Results from Eye Tracking
- Series of random moments [graphically Zig Zag lines] represent that user was disturbed by layout
- Series of control moment [graphically linear lines] shows that user was reading
Final out put
INDIVIDUAL SESSION MAP
It tells most about individual behavior
Tells the behavior of entire group of people
- bright colors map to show the entire result
- Warm color represents:– Most Noticed
- Patch color represents:– Gone through
- Black color represent:– User ignored or didnt notice, This part will help out lot to understand the biggest negative part of interface.